09 Oct 2020
A set of free tools designed for cultural organisations at all stages of reopening, tracking audience sentiment over the next six months and building up a national picture for the benefit of the whole sector.
Introducing the Culture Restart Toolkit
Building confidence is crucial to reactivating and retaining audiences who have been told in recent months that cultural spaces are dangerous places to visit.
This toolkit, developed by the Insights Alliance, will help you to respond live to audiences - doing more of the things which build confidence and positive sentiment and rapidly responding to causes of negative sentiment.
This toolkit goes beyond information and interest, into insight. Live data will be accompanied by regular events and reports recommending actions that organisations can take based on the national data.
The data collected during our previous surveys - After the Interval & Act 2 - has informed business planning and audience strategy in cultural organisations across the UK, and has been used to lobby government.
The Culture Restart Toolkit is delivered by the Insights Alliance, a group of three prominent UK consultancies who are working together to help the cultural sector gather the essential audience insight needed to plan for a successful recovery and restart:
The Insights Alliance is working in collaboration with The Audience Agency, who will provide analysis and insight into behaviour by Audience Spectrum segments, and comparative intelligence from their current population survey.
The Alliance exists to move beyond data, information and interest - into actionable insight to help the cultural sector recover.
What tools are available in the Culture Restart Toolkit?
We are launching two tools for cultural organisations to use:
- Culture Restart audience tracker
- Culture Restart experience surveys
If you’re not sure which of the tools is best for your organisation, or want to discuss in more detail, get in touch with Flo Carr on email@example.com.
Culture Restart audience tracker
for organisations not yet able to reopen fully
The audience tracker is designed to provide organisations with a way to check in regularly with audiences and track their sentiment over time. It is for organisations not yet able to fully reopen and will help organisations to:
- keep audiences engaged and involved during closure
- track key metrics around audience intention to attend
- gain vital data needed to plan a safe and financially viable reopening
- understand variances in sentiment of different audience segments
- assess the appeal of many kinds of digital content and willingness to pay for it, both before and after re-opening
Culture Restart experience surveys
for organisations starting to reopen
These pre and post-show surveys are designed to capture audience sentiment before and after attending a cultural experience. They are for cultural organisations that are starting to hold socially distanced events, performances and exhibitions and will help to:
- assess success of safety measures and messaging
- measure movement in customer confidence levels as a result of attending
- understand likely reattendance based on experience
- respond to issues which would drive negative word of mouth or reduce reattendance
- reassure customers and facilitate open communication