|Job title:||Senior Business Development Manager|
|Working hours:||37.5 hours per week (includes a 1 hour lunch break per day), Monday – Friday|
|Location:||Remote. Accepting applications from the UK
|Responsible to:||Head of Sales & Marketing|
|Salary:||OTE up to £90k|
The Ticketsolve Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for qualifying prospective leads and instrumental in generating new clients for the company.
We’re investing in our team, and we are looking at innovative ways to accelerate business growth and brand awareness across all areas of the UK by enhancing a new senior sales role within our team. If you are looking for an opportunity where no week is the same and enjoy working on new challenges collaboratively with a team, then get in touch with us.
About Ticketsolve – Driving Success for Arts, Culture and Heritage Organisations
Ticketsolve is a ticketing, marketing, CRM, fundraising and memberships platform for arts and culture organisations, with a reputation as a valued strategic partner to our customers that has built up over the past 15 years. More than 345 members of the Ticketsolve Community have put their trust in us as their preferred partner.
Ticketsolve is a continuously evolving platform that supports arts, cultural and heritage organisations in all areas of ticketing, marketing, CRM, fundraising and memberships. Helping organisations reach their goals, whether that means increasing sales, strategising marketing, improving audience development, kickstarting fundraising, and everything in between, our team is always there to lend a hand.
Our passion for the arts and our commitment to our customers means we are ambitious and results-driven, but also value collaboration. Over the last 15 years we have developed a dynamic, user-friendly box office, CRM, fundraising and marketing solution, which has been shaped by our Community of users. More than ever, the industry is looking to technology to aid and simplify sales and access to both online and in-person events and Ticketsolve is at the forefront of that software revolution.
About The Role: Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
We are excited to be growing our team by introducing this new role that focuses on the digital efforts and future endeavours of our company. We’d hope to work closely with you over an extensive period at Ticketsolve and support all stages of your career progression. The role is an important part of our sales and marketing mix, and as key relationships are fostered over time, the role will adapt and grow accordingly.
While you will be instrumental in defining and developing some of the projected milestones, the chosen candidate will have demonstrated the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
Responsibilities & Core Duties
- Preparing and developing strategies within our quarterly and annual Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) with our Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Meet weekly and quarterly sales and marketing targets and metrics (don’t worry, we don’t ask the impossible.
- Warming up new relationships with prospective clients for Ticketsolve with the aim of qualifying them and welcoming them into our sales pipeline.
- Conducting onsite and online demonstrations of Ticketsolve to highlight the capabilities of our system to qualified sales leads.
- Working alongside the head of sales and marketing in generating sales-qualified leads by designing strategic outbound campaigns each week.
- Preparing sales proposals, business case documents and other sales presentations for pipeline accounts.
- Managing the relationships with our sales pipelines and conducting frequent updates to the sales and marketing team.
- Accelerating the relationships with larger tier 1 prospect clients particularly in the UK by keeping in touch with their key contacts as well as building trust between the organisation and Ticketsolve.
- Identifying business development opportunities through strategic alliances and working alongside the Head of Marketing to enhance the results of attending external industry events and conferences.
- Attending industry events each quarter and other networking and brand awareness conferences to promote the company ethos, culture and the growing Ticketsolve Community.
- Analysing sales data and metrics to identify any barriers to entry and future concerns. Working alongside the Head of Marketing to identify solutions to these challenges.
- You will have some responsibility for updating and maintaining the Ticketsolve database to ensure that our contacts for each prospective account are accurate and up to date.
We’ve identified some qualities and motivations that we believe are important for this role. Consider them a few starting points to give applicants a feel for what we’re looking for from our newest team member.
- A track record of working in a senior role. It doesn’t have to be a sales position, but we’re looking for someone who will take an ownership role in our pipeline management and support the team with their new customer objectives each quarter.
- Passion, motivation and confidence. We’re looking for a team member who will celebrate the highs and help us build motivation around some of the lows. This is a sales position so it’s important to remember that there will be lots of time to celebrate success, but we also need time to reflect critically and use failure as an opportunity for growth and learning.
- A way with words, a people-lover and an emotional awareness. Sometimes the moment is right, and sometimes the timing is off. We’re looking for someone who knows when to push for the right moment to engage but is also aware that external factors can impact the decision-making processes of our prospective clients.
- An understanding of the difference between competence and confidence. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about their role but also has the competence to get things actioned and across the line. If you have experience in a sales role at any level, we would love to hear from you. We consider every member of our team an important company ambassador and believe that we all have a core duty to contribute to the success of new client acquisition. We’re not necessarily expecting someone who feels confident in their role 24/7, we are familiar with the symptoms of imposter syndrome, and we will ensure that you will have a supportive team to help you overcome these feelings.
- We’re looking for someone who is an independent self-motivator and a welcoming collaborator. We believe in the power of brainstorming, role-playing and working through scenarios, and while you will have a lot of solo key responsibilities, it’s important that these feed into the wider objectives and key results of the sales & marketing team. You will work closely with our sales & marketing team, the onboarding team and our customer support team.
- At Ticketsolve, we have a climate pledge. Our Culture Change for Climate Change Campaign looks at how we can make a positive impact on the climate crisis. We do operate a public transport first policy at Ticketsolve, but we are aware that some wonderful venues spread into the intricate corners and delicate isles of the UK and Ireland. Therefore, a full driving license is extremely beneficial.
Our team is the secret ingredient to Ticketsolve’s success. While we never expect the impossible, we always expect your best. Our team culture is built on trust, respect and understanding. If you’re part of Team Ticketsolve, you’re part of a much bigger community.
We take an agile approach in everything we do at Ticketsolve which means we strive for perfection but understand there are always ways of doing things better. Our team are fun and professional, and our latest team addition will add to the Ticketsolve culture.
Applications and Deadline
Please email a copy of your cv and cover letter to [email protected] before 5 pm Wednesday, 24th May. A CV is required, but we’re open to other forms of supporting documentation that highlight your desire and suitability towards the role other that might take a different format than a traditional cover letter.
Interviews will be scheduled around the suitability of successful applicants as applications are received so we advise that you apply as soon as you can. It is expected that more than one round of online interviews will take place as well as a brief phone interview & introduction.