About Trinity Theatre
Located in Tunbridge Wells, Trinity is a vibrant theatre in one of the most beautiful buildings in the region, hosting around 350 events a year, ranging from the best in theatre, film, visual arts and dance through to the biggest names in comedy and music. 90,000 people come through Trinity’s doors each year and, it is acknowledged as one of the leading venues in the South East.
Trinity had seen their online sales plateau. This was due to a lack of rich online functionality, resulting in a poor online experience for customers. In addition, there was a marked lack of relevant reports and “loopholes” in the backend functionality. For example, non-members of the theatre, were able to access membership prices when purchasing tickets.
The Ticketsolve Benefit
In a few short months of implementing Ticketsolve, Trinity saw a 17% uptick in online sales, while also reducing staffing costs. Online sales have increased significantly compared to the time period prior to Ticketsolve. For example, of the Christmas shows, 50% were sold online and were completely sold out to members online. For the November shows, 49% were sold online.
Trinity’s main goal was to improve the customer experience. When evaluating Ticketing systems they decided on Ticketsolve because Ticketsolve is:
- Cloud-based, which means Trinity has 24/7 access to their data and system – from anywhere – not just the theatre.
- Reliable and provides the security necessary for online ticket sales.
- Able to create a consistent user experience through rich front-end functionality.
Trinity’s Advice on Moving to Ticketsolve
- Changing from one system to another is always difficult. It is a good idea to prepare staff as best you can, so they can get up to speed with the new system quickly. Communication is key!
- Reports in Ticketsolve are great, getting extra training here is no harm!
- Get your show categorisations right from the get go and it will be smooth sailing.
Joining the Ticketsolve community, has certainly helped us achieve our goals in terms of online sales and better functionality. The training was excellent and the ongoing customer support is very responsive, with issues being sorted quickly. The new responsive design implementation will enhance our patron’s buying experience.